Developers mostly confused about Permission Sets and Profiles. Let us see facts about permission sets.
- Permission Sets and Profile can be used together.
- Profile should be used to provide bare minimum permissions and then additional permission can be given using permission sets.
- Permission Sets can only be used to grant but cannot deny.
- One user can be part of only one profile at a point of time but a user can be part of many permission sets.
- An org can have upto 1000 Permission Sets.
- Permission Sets need not be associated with license types.
- Permission Sets can be used for any short time requirements and then revoke later.
- Profile & Permission sets help both application level and organizational level security settings.
- It is advisable to keep minimum number of profiles